“If anyone knows how to shape a career, Larry Thompson does! He certainly was instrumental in mine – and in this book [SHINE] he gives you a guide to achieving your full potential.”
– Donna Mills
Blonde, buoyant Donna Mills was born in Chicago, Illinois. She began acting in local amateur and professional productions in her home town and made her Broadway bow as a harem girl in Woody Allen's Don't Drink the Water. She then played recurring roles on the Manhattan-based TV soap operas The Secret Storm and Love is a Many Splendored Thing.
After playing Clint Eastwood's imperiled girlfriend in the theatrical feature Play Misty for Me (1971), Mills spent an unsatisfying few years typecast as a damsel in distress: all too typical was the title of her 1972 TV movie Bait.
Donna Mills forever altered her on-screen image from trembling helplessness to calculating truculence in the role of Abby Cunningham Ewing, the second wife of Dallas "black sheep" Gary Ewing (Ted Shackleford), in the nighttime serial Knot's Landing (1980-89); coincidentally, Mills had co-starred with J. R. Ewing himself (aka Larry Hagman) on the now-forgotten 1971 sitcom The Good Life. She is a three time winner of the Soap Opera Digest award for Outstanding Villainess on a Prime Time Serial.
- Cursed Part 3 (2000)
- Moonlight Becomes You (1998) (TV) .... Maggie Holloway
- "Knots Landing: Back to the Cul-de-Sac" (1997) (mini) TV Series .... Abby Fairgate Cunningham Ewing Sumner
- Stepford Husbands, The (1996) (TV) .... Jodi Davison
- Element of Truth, An (1995) (TV) .... Vanessa Graves
- Dangerous Intentions (1995) .... Beth Williamson
- My Name Is Kate (1994) (TV) .... Kate
- Remember (1993) (TV) .... Nicky Wells
... aka Barbara Taylor Bradford's 'Remember' (1993) (TV) ( USA: complete title)
- President's Child, The (1992) (TV) .... Elizabeth Hemming
- In My Daughter's Name (1992) (TV) .... Laura Elias
- False Arrest (1991) (TV) .... Joyce Lukezic
- Runaway Father (1991) (TV) .... Pat Bennett
- World's Oldest Living Bridesmaid, The (1990) (TV) .... Brenda Morgan
Donna is a strong advocate raising awareness for arthritis and Eco, an organization that uses the power of communication to improve the global environment. For more on Eco, visit http://www.oneearth.org/.
Learn to be a Star yourself by joining
the Good Luck Club™!